Home Seller Checklist
As you embark on the process of selling your home, we have compiled a detailed checklist of the requirements for a smooth closing. These key steps are primarily aimed at ensuring that the OREA Form 100, otherwise known as the agreement of purchase and sale, is completed accurately.
- Share your attorney's contact details with your real estate agent. This enables your agent to forward us the OREA Form 100, i.e., the agreement of purchase and sale.
In addition to this, it's beneficial to generate a separate rundown or agenda of the conditions that need to be fulfilled in your agreement. These conditions might include an inspection, financing, insurance, and any unique considerations. By doing so, you'll avoid overlooking critical deadlines that could unintentionally invalidate your agreement. Remember to notify us when you decide to waive any conditions that are part of the offer.
- To allow us to request a payout letter from your mortgage lender, please furnish us with your most recent mortgage statement.
- Fill out the Seller Intake Form in its entirety.
- Should the property be equipped with an alarm system, kindly inform us about whether you'll be discontinuing the service. Please also supply us with the alarm code and the alarm company's contact details.
- If available, hand over the survey of your property to us.
- To confirm that all taxes are paid, provide us with your latest property tax bill and corresponding proof of payment.
- On the final appointment with us, please bring a set of keys to the property. Leave the remaining keys on the kitchen counter of the property.
As for utilities, please reach out to your service providers (telephone, cable, heating, hydro, water, municipal tax office, etc.) and make arrangements to either cancel or transfer your accounts to your new address.