Need a trusted Family Sponsorship Lawyer in Ottawa or Toronto?
Choose TDJ Law for expert guidance on Family Class Sponsorship in Canada. Whether you aim to sponsor a spouse, partner, parent, or child, our lawyers will ensure streamlined processing, both domestically and abroad. Entrust your family's future with TDJ Law, where your reunification is our priority.
At TDJ Law, we simplify the two-step spousal sponsorship process for you. First, we assist Canadian citizens in obtaining sponsorship approval. Once secured, we then guide your foreign spouse or partner throughout the permanent residency application.
Common-Law Partner Sponsorship
Trust our professionals for expert guidance on common-law sponsorship in Canada. We understand and value all relationships, whether opposite or same-sex. If you've been in a committed, marriage-like bond for at least a year, with minor breaks, we're here to help you and your partner overcome any challenges you may face throughout your journey. With TDJ Law, every relationship counts.
Conjugal Partner Sponsorship
A conjugal partnership describes two individuals in a relationship similar to marriage, yet without a legal union or a year's cohabitation, often due to significant external challenges. At TDJ Law, we possess the expertise to traverse the intricacies of such partnerships, ensuring your immigration needs are handled with precision and care.
Sponsor Your Children
If you're a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can bring your foreign-born dependent child to Canada with our expert guidance. A dependent child is typically under 22, single, and without a common-law partnership, whether biologically yours or adopted. Entrust TDJ Law with this pivotal journey for a smooth transition to Canadian shores with our comprehensive immigration expertise.
Sponsor Your Parents
TDJ Law will help your parents or grandparents secure their permanent residency in Canada with seamless efficiency. With this status, they'll enjoy indefinite residence, employment opportunities, educational pursuits, and access to essential medical care. The two-step sponsorship application process starts with securing your approval as a sponsor. Leave the unity of your family to the dedicated team at TDJ Law.
Undeclared Family Sponsorship
Family members include your spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent offspring (grandchildren). Omitting to provide essential information or failing to mention a family member in your application classifies them as 'undeclared'.
How Can We Help?
We offer comprehensive assistance tailored to your unique situation:
- Develop a customized strategy
- Gather and assess necessary documents
- Prepare you and your family for interviews
- Deliver expert legal arguments to bolster your application
- Act as your liaison with immigration authorities, preventing potential delays
With over two decades of expertise, TDJ Law excels in family sponsorship in Canada. We help with a high rate of success.
Canada's Family Sponsorship Requirements
Reuniting families in Canada is a cherished goal, yet the path involves intricate steps:
- Age: Sponsors must be 18 or older.
- Residential Status: Sponsors must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Financial Stability: Sponsors must prove they can support relatives without public funds.
- Spouses/Partners: Prove the genuineness of the relationship.
- Children: Under 22 and unmarried.
- Parents/Grandparents: Limited annual applications, minimum income required.
- Siblings/Nieces/Nephews: Specific circumstances apply.
With these complexities, a tailored approach is required. Relationship type and residence location influence requirements.
Our experienced immigration lawyers prioritize transparency. We simplify the process, keeping clients informed. We stay up to date with evolving regulations, for the best chance of success.
Navigating Canada's family sponsorship path may seem daunting, but with expert guidance, it's a journey worth taking.
Canadian Immigration Sponsorship: Reuniting Families
Canadian Immigration Sponsorship unites families by enabling eligible citizens and permanent residents to sponsor family members for Canadian permanent residency.
Classes and Categories: Family Class is common, encompassing spouses, partners, children, parents, and grandparents. Super Visa permits extended visits for parents and grandparents.
Benefits: A privilege to bring loved ones to Canada's quality of life, opportunities, and social benefits.
Challenges: Meeting financial support obligations can be demanding for sponsors.
- Age: Sponsors must be 18 or older.
- Status: Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Residency: Permanent residents must live in Canada.
- Financial Capacity: Ability to financially support sponsored individuals.
Assess eligibility before embarking on the sponsorship journey.
The Role of an Immigration Lawyer:
- Vital assistance in document preparation.
- Strategic application planning.
- Ongoing updates and immigration policy monitoring.
Sponsoring Extended Family:
- Canada permits extended family member sponsorship.
- Stringent criteria often necessitate proving no eligible relatives in Canada.
Benefits of Successful Sponsorship:
- Access to Canada's healthcare, education, and employment opportunities.
- Eligibility for social benefits.
- Commitment to provide essentials and repay social assistance.
- Duration varies from 3 to 20 years.
In-Canada vs. Outside-Canada Applications:
- In-Canada permits concurrent applications but may face stricter scrutiny.
- Outside-Canada applications are often faster but require family members to remain outside during processing.
Supporting Documents Checklist:
- Relationship proof, financial documents, immigration history, and more.
Dealing with Rejections:
- Common reasons include relationship doubts, financial proof, and medical inadmissibility.
- Options include appeals or addressing identified issues and reapplying.
Family sponsorship in Canada unites families, demanding a deep understanding of processes, responsibilities, and criteria.